Friday, February 14, 2014

I just want life to easy and sandy beaches and chill music and good whiskey.

Its February and its cold and winter and I'm apathetic. I'm restless for something. I have a Macbook, iPad, iPod, cell phone, Netflix, mortgage, multiple vehicles, kids, a dog, and job, and I somehow feel restless.

There will always be the next big thing and I'm really tired of the next big thing. I'm really tired of the pursuit of romanticizing the idea of financial freedom and an open schedule.

Its crazy that I become weary of all the things I desperately chase after. Its counter-intuitive. Maybe I'm overly analytical or no one voices it, but how do people go about the same business everyday and not go crazy? How do people spend 51 weeks/year in the same 51 mile radius when there is a whole world out there?

Do people need structure and order or do we need open spaces and freedom to be happy? Maybe it depends on the person?

Oh, and just to be clear, my life is going well. I just hate that I must be entertained or I get bored.

I feel like I'm strapped to a merry-go-round lately. I'm in a rut and I'm just blah. I don't even want the "turn to God" answer even though I need it. I just want life to easy and sandy beaches and chill music and good whiskey.


No comments:

Post a Comment